Saturday, August 28, 2010

Breakfast in Bed

A.k.a b.i.b.

About once a week Todd makes me breakfast in bed. When I posted a b.i.b. pic on Facebook last week a lot of my male acquaintances got fussy, annoyed that he was in violation of the "man code." I say violate on!!! 

Some defining characteristics of Todd are that he is:
  • Romantic
  • Artistic
  • Creative
This means that on top of the cute gesture to provide me nourishment before my feet even hit the floor for the day, he always adds some wonderful decorative touches. For instance, he usually slips outside to pick a flower or two. This morning he outdid himself.

I was impressed with his creative sliced apple presentation.
He sliced it and toothpicked it all back together.

The cuteness of the apple amplified the deliciousness ten-fold.

But the delight didn't end there. This apple contained a hidden treasure.
A little note....
I have a little hesitancy to post this because I have spent many years seeing posts like this and rolling my eyes/sticking my finger down my throat/disbelieving that men like this really existed/thinking the women who posted things like this were pretentious and-or liars/hating the women that had things like this to brag about. But I have done my time. I've been through the ringer. (Boy I'm using lots of cliches). And after a long incubation period I found myself something to brag about. Or someone. Todd. He's a dreamsicle. If you want to stick your finger down your throat at me right now I can tell you plenty of stories that will make you want stick your hand in a Kleenex box so you can dry your eyes. I have earned this. Trust me. 

A few other b.i.b. pics I snapped on my phone in the past...

Note the fruity design elements
Out of focus. Sorry. But yummy blueberries!
Bad lighting AND out of focus. But FANTASTIC presentation by Todd!

Okay, going to get out of bed now. And spend a grateful day over Todd not buying into the retarded man code.

Be well.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Ummm, if I give you Mitch's phone number, can Todd give him a call??? Mitch is pretty sweet and all, but I've never had breakfast in bed! Of course, you really do deserve it. :) I'm happy for you guys!

suzan said...

I'm sort of gagging right now... Haha! I love you guys :) That is absolutely beautiful Todd!!!!