Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dockweiler

The only beach around here that allows guests to build a fire is right by our house. It's also right at the end of the run way of LAX. We were building a fire last night and when the first plane flew right over our heads Lily got scared. She said she was afraid it was going to fall on her. I said, "ya, that would hurt, wouldn't it?" Sometimes I'm not the most supportive mommy.

Look mummy, there's an airplane up in the sky
Ana playing with camera
I'm strangely fascinated with my feet, even though I don't particularly like them. I probably have more photos of my feet than you do....
I'm struggling to figure out my new camera. I wanted to get a non flash picture with just the glow of the fire illuminating Todd's face. Didn't really work. One day I'll get there. Promise.
I only eat hot dogs in a situation like this. Camping or otherwise cooked over a fire. And those rare occasions I eat them they taste pretty darn good. Lily likes them any day cooked any way. Blurry pic. Again, I'll figure this camera out one day.
Have I said it yet? I LOVE living here. So fun. So beachy. So much to do. So lovely. Such perfect weather. I'm so loving it here.

Be well

.

3 comments:

MZ said...

Hot dogs...blah!

Unknown said...

oh how you are making me so jealous!

suzan said...

I'm so glad I can finally comment, blogger wouldn't let me sign in for a few days?? I'm also so glad you are blogging again. I love your new life and I'm extremely jealous of your beach time!! Oh, and I might have more feet pics than you do. Maybe we should have a contest :)