Sunday, October 9, 2011

My firstborn is another year older

 We celebrated the commencement of Ana's teenage years by taking a few of her closest friends and staying at a downtown hotel so they could swim, pig out, make messes and so I wouldn't have to clean a thing. :)

The hotel has a rooftop pool right in the thick of downtown. The view is incredible. It's magical to be up there, especially at night.



We got cupcakes from a nearby bakery (Bottega Louie....yum!). This is a mock blowing-out-candles picture. If you look closely you will see that there is no candle and no flame.


There was more than one couple up there hoping for a romantic evening, only to have their dreams smashed by middle aged obnoxiousness.


After swimming they had a glow stick party in the room, a pillow fight, and they threw oranges at each other.




The next morning they swam again.


And.....threw things at people on the sidewalk 5 stories below. Eye roll. Teenagers....

Her actual birthday was spent mostly quietly at home. She spent a lot of time manipulating pictures with her latest craze...Photoshop. Then we all met her dad for dinner at one of her favorite eateries...C&O's.

My camera battery was dying, so it was really slow to snap this shot. Somehow it left that weird artifact on her head, but I'm calling it her birthday crown.

I have to say that she is a remarkable girl. Insanely wise and mature. Pure as gold inside and out. She's a keeper and I'm so glad she emerged into my life 13 years ago (even if the epidural was horribly painful).

Xoxo my little Ana Razzberry Cupcake Pie.

1 comment:

barbchuck said...

What a great way to celebrate a birthday! I love all the special touches you thought of, Rachel. Happy Birthday, Ana. Welcome to your teen years!