Monday, February 20, 2012

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Ana has aged up to senior drama in our little community theater. She went from being the oldest, most mature and from getting lead parts in Jr. Drama to being at the very bottom of the totem pole with high school seniors getting the lead parts and poor Ana was in the ensemble. Those are the dues you gotsta pay in this game.

It's cool, though, because when we had barely moved here, we went to see a sr. drama production (The Drowsy Chaperon) and they do such an incredible job with them. They're always so full of energy and song and dance and great sets. When it was over I asked the girls if they would enjoy doing that. They both nodded with total stars in their eyes. Now Ana is one of "them."

The play was Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, based off the funny 80's movie with Steve Martin. The Broadway adaptation was actually more hilarious and also full of great music. Please forgive all the blurry photos. This is the best I can do in low light without a flash.

Ana played a maid,


a cowgirl,

a nun,

a tourist,

another tourist,

a music box,

a stewardess,

and a cocktail waitress.

Here is the entire cast and Kristy, the director, after the last show.

Yay Ana!

It was a really fantastic show. I saw it 4 times and I laughed hysterically every time.

No comments: