Random events from the past couple months.
Ana and Lily took an archery class. The instructor is a 3 x Olympian. They enjoyed this more than I expected them to. Probably because they both love The Hunger Games.
Randomly before Lily took a shot I told her that if she got a bulls eye I'd buy her an ice cream cone. Then all the kids there started bartering with their mothers to get them something if they shot the dead middle of the target. Ana's wish was for 2 rats. She's been begging me for to let her get pet rats for some time. I always respond with an enthusiastic NO! I had a moment where I considered saying yes, since the likelihood of her hitting her mark was pretty low on her first day. Glad I didn't!!
One of our favorite bands over the past couple years has been fun. They just released their second album and they played an in-store event near us the night the album came out. We went. I was so glad we didn't have to worry about it being a school night. It was fun to jam out with Ana & Lily in tow.
We were pretty darn close to the band.
Afterward we stood in line to get the band's signatures on our fun. posters. I made Lily try this hat on in the record store. She wasn't as entertained by it as I was.
It was a long line, but we finally got to say hi to the band and chat for a few seconds. Woohoo!
And Lily was in Pirates of Penzance. She played the part of the flirty, pirate-crazy daughter of the Modern Major General.
Pirates is over now and Lily has moved away from our local drama group to a more professional playhouse. She's in a musical called Greece! The Musical. It is about Greek Gods and Lily plays the part of Echo. Ana is in another ES Senior Drama production. It's a comedy called Fools! She plays the part of a shoes maker. Not a shoemaker, a shoeS maker. It's pointless to make one shoe so she is a shoes maker.
More randomness coming soon.




No comments:
Post a Comment