Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Funeral Potatoes

Here's the thing about funerals. They always turn out to be a great family reunion. I have some relatives that I completely adore, but only see them when a family member has died. Bittersweet for sure. 

Lily even mentioned that she loves funerals because she gets to see cousins and eat funeral potatoes. Darn it that it has to come at the cost of a loved one. 

Best buds from the start. They were thrilled to see each other.
These little turkeys loved seeing cousins and eating brownies. They had a total blast destroying Aunt Judy's house. ;)
This is my sweet Uncle Monte. He's a wonderful, kind, gentle man. I loved catching up with him. Here he is with Les.

Somehow these two brothers got completely opposite genetics for height. One is 6'4, the other is 5'9. They're both darn cute though.
Sassy Molassees.
Oh Shawn. I tried for hours to get to the bottom of the facial hair mystery. No avail.
We all cussed Grandma out a little for not choosing a beautiful, warm spring day for a funeral. It was freezing at the F-town cemetary, but still lovely.
Mi padre and sibs. <3
My dad, Kim and all the siblings and in-laws.
Judy, Debbie, Monte, Dad. Grandma has to be proud of such wonderful offspring. They really are all remarkably kind and loving people.
Les & I are stoked. These boys are freakishly cute.
Shawn did a great job entertaining the littles. Jake loved him.
If Jake looks like he deserves a spanking it's because he does. For sure. And isn't his dad handsome?
Beautiful Edie & Lily
Had to blow this one up big so you can see the little photo that was returned to me that I had given Grandma Polly. It's Ana & Christian as babies. I told them to try to replicate the photo. Pretty good.
Yep. Spankins. And that darling lady is Jimi, who puts up with Shawn every day. She deserves a halo. :)


LOVE YOU GRANDMA POLLY AND WE'RE DOING OUR BEST TO MAKE YOU PROUD!!

1 comment:

bBchronicles said...

I LOVE funeral potatoes! What a great post - lots of great photos - so sorry about gma.