Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grammy visit part 2

We took my mom to Manhattan Beach for lunch on Saturday. Have you eaten at Mama D's? OOOMMMMGGGGG it's good! Strolled down the pier after lunch. This pier is one of my favorite things in SoCal.

It's tough to see the seagull, but Lily was chasing one in this.

We took Grandma to our favorite little aquarium at the end of the pier. 
This little octopus was fascinating to watch.

See. She's fascinated.

Pretty hot for a Grandma, huh?

Pretty hot for a husband, huh?
The girl's play is so so super cute. I'm totally loving it. Ana plays one of four leads. She's Sarah Brown, the stuffy missionary trying to save souls in NYC in the 50's.


She ends up falling for this sinful gambler (who's played by a fourth grader in our ward...she's NOT excited over her first "kiss" being a boy 2 years younger and 2 inches shorter than herself.)




Lily was cast as a "Hot Box Dancer." She's very cute and good at it. The little dude in the green shirt is her "boyfriend" in the play. Aren't the costumes great?




The wedding threw me off a little. : /





Here's a video clip of Ana's duet with the other lead. It contains the best HORRIBLE advice EVER!!! I've had several talks with my girls about how this song is humorous, but NOT A GOOD IDEA!!

After the play we celebrated with pizza.

Of course my Tod had to pull a dork move for the picture.
I think I accidentally deleted Lily's dances from my camera. I'll get some video this weekend and post them. They are very cute.

Goodbye now!

3 comments:

MZ said...

What a perfect weekend! Thanks for being such great hosts.

khepworth said...

You're right, the best horrible advice ever. Your girls are A-dorable.

Leslie said...

love all of these people to the moon and back. you're all so perdy too!
...and that pier needs me!