Todd loves the Conservatory of Flowers at Golden Gate Park, so we had to check that out. Ana had the reigns of the camera and she took about 8 billion photos of flowers. There were some that were really quite impressive. I'm dedicating a later post to those, but here's a little teaser. The conservatory was really neat. Mother Mary would love it.
They have an exhibit there right now called "Wicked Plants: Botanical Rogues and Assasins," (which Lily seems to blend it well with, don't you think?) Isn't that a great title? It was about deadly plants. Check this little pepper out. A jalapeno pepper measures about 5,000 Scoville heat units. This pepper is 250,000 units. Ay caramba! That's one hot little tamale!!!
And of course, no trip to San Francisco is complete without a journey across the bridge, whether by car, bike or foot. We chose the bipedal experience.
Lily was "reading braille" here. HA!
100% fascinated at the engineering of this.
Have I ever told you that the Golden Gate Bridge is my favorite structure on planet Earth? It's science. It's art. It's international orange (that's the paint color). And it's mine. True love.
At the recommendation of a friend, we had to try the Mexican hot chocolate at this little coffee shop. It took an unusually long time to make, so I snapped some slightly grainy photos. One of these days I'll figure out how to use the manual settings on my camera and not have low-qual pics in low light. I swear...
![]() |
| Little iTouch glow on her face. |
The same friend insisted we have dinner at Burma Superstar!. (FYI, the exclamation point is part of the restaurant title, not a typo). Holy moly. The food was to die for. And I loved this ceiling decor. I might try to mimic it in my dining room one of these days.
Okay, if you ever find yourself at Burma Superstar!, you MUST eat the Tea Leaf Salad. It will blow your mind. Seriously. Right off your neck. But you won't care because you'll be in gastronomic bliss.
That is if you're not asleep because you just drug your short 10 year old legs across the Golden Gate Bridge. Twice. I stuck my camera under the table for this little gem.









1 comment:
seriously? that snapshot from under the table made me lol. she is a trooper! your photos from sf are so great. and i actually never knew that bridge was YOURS. you learn something new everyday...
Post a Comment