Lily is no longer in elementary school. It's over. No more field trips for mommy. No more concerts. I'm sad about it. I wish I could go back and savor each moment again. Now I guess I'll just look forward to having grand kids some day..
Here they are, first and last day of school. Wow, I didn't realize they were changing so much.
Here is Lily's elementary school graduation.
Her favorite teacher ever...Lindsay Sharp
Her good friend Clelia, aka Baby.
Paule & Francesca
Jared, Matthew, Rudy, Pauline & Baby
The fifth grade had a huge picnic to celebrate the end of elementary school and to get the kids acquainted with the other fifth graders in town. I was in charge of the human foosball game. There was a big field built to resemble a foosball table and the kids had to hold onto the pipes and move back and forth together. It was a riot.
Dance party
Lily's favorite friend, Paule. She's a cute freckle faced girl from Lithuania. We all love Paule.
Lily got a bloody nose playing ultimate frisbee.
Ana played at the 8th grade graduation ceremony. It was hot and torturous because she had to play AFTER school was out for the year. I thought that was cruel and unusual of the band teacher.
Final note of the year. Or maybe her life. She says she's not playing again next year, much to her band teacher's disappointment. He adores her.
Kendell
All the new kids last year got stuck in band (it was the only elective that wasn't full) and it was great because they banded together and became great friends.
Natalie, Ana, Emma, Isabelle, Kendell, Milla.
Shawn (in the red) is our next door neighbor. These girls love to torment him. He pretends to hate it, but I'm pretty sure he loves having so much attention from all these pretty girls.
When we got home this is what we found on our porch. I think their mama was pushing them off the roof. Avian infanticide!! (Why am I sharing these?!?!?!)
We had to tease the kids that we were having chicken nuggets for dinner.
Loving the freedom and spontaneity of summer! I am sure by August I'll long for routines and to have my kids gone for half the day ;), but for now my heart is full and we're having a blast!






2 comments:
Chicken nuggets? Poor birdies. You a Grandma???That makes me a Great Grandma.
I remember getting you guys setup in LA last summer and seeing your kids anxiety over starting a new school and the fear of making new friends. It warms my heart to see how well they have adjusted and how surrounded by adorable friends of all colors and sizes they are.
And I want to cry that Lil is out of elementary school. I can't handle these kids all growing up!!!! Make it stop!!!
Post a Comment