He's still the perfect beginning and ending to every day and is perfectly kind, loving and gentle in between. I love my Tod. We stayed in a hotel downtown by Tod's work for the weekend. I love Los Angeles because there are never ending get-away options very close by.
Our hotel had a pool on the top floor, providing enchanting views of the city at night.
 |
| I love how I was sitting right next to him and he was still staring at my picture on his phone. |
 |
| What perfectly corresponding curves our feet share. ;) |
 |
| I love this picture. HA! |
 |
| I swear this isn't me over saturating my shots. The hotel sign cast a scarlet glow on us. |
 |
| That pyramid behind Toddels is the famed LA Library. | |
|
This was breakfast. Tod always orders something sweet. I always get something savory and we share.
We were supposed to go to a birthday party for one of Tod's colleagues so we got her these cupcakes from Bottega Louie. Aren't they gorgeous and so delectable?
We got these for ourselves.
HOWEVER...we got side tracked by celebrities and didn't end up going to the party so we ate ALL of the above deserts. : / As we were heading down the elevator en route to the party, someone mentioned that Prince William and his new bride, Kate, were a few blocks away along with a bunch of Hollywood celebrities. We're SO NOT star struck, but I was intrigued enough to go try to catch a glimpse. We had to wait outside for a while. I noted how FILTHY it was around the theater they were in. For all it's supposed glitz and glamor, L.A. can be pretty gross.
 |
| This was the motorcade that escorted the royalty around the city. |
 |
| Paparazzi self portraits. |
 |
| Don Cheadle (Hotel Rwanda, Crash, Iron Man, etc) |
 |
| Jennifer Gardner |
 |
| Jack Black |
 |
| That's Babs! I kinda love Barbara Streisand... |
 |
| Anna Kornikova |
 |
| Nicole Kidman |
 |
| Zooey Deschanel |
Though I don't really give much of a hoot about celebrities, it was fascinating on a social level to be surrounded by so many people that are. There were real paparazzi there and hundreds of celebrity/royalty junkies. They were going nuts. I was also slightly horrified that this was going on just a few blocks from L.A.'s Skid Row - several miles of trash lined streets housing hundreds (thousands?) of homeless people. I wondered how they felt knowing a prince was nearby who just spent $35 million on his wedding. Gasp. I wondered if I should axe Prince William from my "like" list. Then I learned that the Royals were actually touring Skid Row the next day and visiting an art school for underprivileged kids. AND they raised several million for charity while they were here. Okay. No axing.
 |
| These feet have a lot of traveling to do together over the next several decades around this globe. Good thing they love each other. |
Sunday morning we got up and drove through Skid Row. Not to see the prince, just to take it in. Heart wrenching and humbling to say the least.
 |
| I love the skater and the orange lady. |
Todd was shooting pictures while I drove around. I was getting nervous because he wasn't being discreet and I was afraid we were going to piss someone off and get shot. Evidence of nervousness below.
I love my Tod. He's my best friend and my lover and my biggest champion and my everything. Here's to a hundred more anniversaries! :*
3 comments:
This post made me smile WIDE. Happy Anniversary! Here's to a ZILLION more!
Happy Anniversary, you two. You are made for each other. I love all the things you notice and comment about, like the gorgeous celebrities with their designer clothes and jewels so close to Skid Row where the people don't even have food or shelter. I love the fact that you care about things which matter.
Wow, I was blown away by the views of your hotel roof! What a romantic getaway. Also, very intriguing to see the celebrity pics.
I couldn't agree more that you and Todd were made for each other. I love you two together more than I love peanut butter and chocolate for dessert. :)
(....that's A LOT!!!)
Post a Comment