For some reason there was a huge pit at our beach for a few days. It provided hours of entertainment for the littles.
This girl never tires of the waves. I don't know where she gets the energy to let the ocean beat on her for so long. The smaller kids take numerous breaks - to rest and/or warm up. Not Ana. She's the aquatic energizer bunny.
I find a way to make myself useful while the kids splash. I got through loads of emails and some other work on my iPad/wireless keyboard dream combo.
We spent some time with our good friends Dave & Tiffany. They were staying at a resort near us that had an incredible pool.
And then we went whale watching. We went in early July - the very beginning of blue whale season. Did you know blue whales are the biggest animal to live on the earth? EVER? Todd is fascinated by that, so even though it was risky that we wouldn't see anything, we had to try. Bummer we didn't see any whales. :(
But we did see thousands of dolphins.
Here's a mama & her baby
After the cruise we spotted some human hamster balls. This was genius. Here's how it works:
The kids enjoyed a day at the Science Center, the always entertaining and free establishment that we adore.
And a day at Disneyland. I never bring my camera to DL so settle for some iPhone pics.
Trying to beat the famous Splash Mountain scream of Jeff's circa 1995


3 comments:
How amazing that you got to see the dolphins! Dolphins are special for Chuck and me. I'm not so sure about the hamster balls., though. Didn't Lily get claustrophobia being all sealed in? She seemed to be having fun.
Barb, it was all 4 kids that did the hamster balls and there is enough oxygen in the ball to last 45 min. They were only allowed to roll around for 4. They LOVED it.
I am so envious of your summer playground. Your girls are lucky to get to spend so much time at the beach, it is such a special place!
Can't wait to get back to your little corner of the world.
Post a Comment