Here's how it went down this year.
Breakfast in bed (or Tod's computer chair)
The best gift (that I got myself)...WOOHOO!
This is where my OJ came from. That's a pile of oranges.
That night Tod threw a surprise party for me at the new French restaurant on the top of the building he works in. INCREDIBLE view. Deadly incredible.
Christina, Felice & Davie Dave accompanied us. Fun evening.
On Saturday Tod took me on a gondola ride in Long Beach. This was great because we wanted to do it in Venice last year (cliche, I know), but we couldn't because we realized when we got to our hotel there that we had left my passport at the hotel in Florence so we had to cut our time in Venice short to go back and get it.
That night I went with my girliefriends from my dance class. We ate Ethiopian food in Little Ethiopia. They are all so beautiful and have such lovely light about them.
Miss Olivia, Patti, Emily
Ranjani, me, Tanya enjoying lentil filled samosas. Mmmm.
This is what we ordered. Eight entrees. All on one platter. No utensils.
They serve the food with this yummy spongey flat bread and you use it to scoop up your saucy vittles.
Finger food.
All done.
Ranjani & I. She's as sweet as she is beautiful.
Darn it. 360-some odd days until I get to be the princess again. :,(
The best gift (that I got myself)...WOOHOO!
This is where my OJ came from. That's a pile of oranges.
That night Tod threw a surprise party for me at the new French restaurant on the top of the building he works in. INCREDIBLE view. Deadly incredible.
Christina, Felice & Davie Dave accompanied us. Fun evening.
On Saturday Tod took me on a gondola ride in Long Beach. This was great because we wanted to do it in Venice last year (cliche, I know), but we couldn't because we realized when we got to our hotel there that we had left my passport at the hotel in Florence so we had to cut our time in Venice short to go back and get it.
That night I went with my girliefriends from my dance class. We ate Ethiopian food in Little Ethiopia. They are all so beautiful and have such lovely light about them.
Miss Olivia, Patti, Emily
Ranjani, me, Tanya enjoying lentil filled samosas. Mmmm.
This is what we ordered. Eight entrees. All on one platter. No utensils.
They serve the food with this yummy spongey flat bread and you use it to scoop up your saucy vittles.
Finger food.
All done.
Ranjani & I. She's as sweet as she is beautiful.
Darn it. 360-some odd days until I get to be the princess again. :,(
6 comments:
Darn it. You're cute.
...and what a beautiful group of women you get to call friends....
Sounds/looks like you had a lovely birthday. You may have aged up, but at least you age good.
Big party starts Thursday!
Happy Belated Birthday, Rachel! Looks like you had a good one!
Happy even more Belated Birthday wish, than Lacey's! I swear, Rachel, that you just get more and more beautiful! Love the picture of your frends. We'll send some special thoughts your way when we are in Venice. Since we love it so much, I am just sick that the two of you had such a short time there. The good thing is that you will have many more opportunities.
Post a Comment