Monday, August 22, 2011

Lily's birthday

A few days before Lily's actual birthday, we had a party for her. As mentioned in my previous post, we are now the proud owners of The MJ Experience. It kept the girls entertained for much of the party.



The girls ate pizza and decorated cupcakes



Lily wanted red velvet cup cakes, but didn't want red. We tried pink, purple and blue velvet. Kinda worked, but really mostly didn't...


And then there was a fashion contest...who could make the best dress out of toilet paper.

Lily won. Hands down.

She couldn't walk down the stairs.

She had begged for the Glee Karaoke Wii game. We delivered.

There were epic amounts of TP strewn throughout my house. Don't tell The Sierra Club, okay?

Then the day before Lily's actual birthday I told the girls I had to run and pick up something for her birthday. I returned to the house with Grandma and Grandpa Z. I picked them up a few miles away at our local international airport. She was very surprised and happy.

Grandpa had a place in mind for lunch. We went straight there. Phillipe's is a famous and old LA dive that serves incredible french dips.


That night we ate at another delicious downtown joint. I'm not a big burger fan, but this was the most delicious burger I've EVER eaten. OMG. So yum.

And on Lily's actual birthday we all went to see Hairspray at the Hollywood Bowl. My girls love the movie Hairspray. The musical had a great cast. Corbin Bleu was Seaweed, Nick Jonas was Link, John Stamos was Corny Collins, Drew Carey was the dad.  The audience sang along and every time Nick & Corbin came onstage girls gushed, screamed, fainted, etc.



Thanks for being my girl, Lily! Love your guts!!



2 comments:

Leslie said...

Not lying that the pics of that tiny, cross eyed baby girl brought a tender tear to my eye. I love her so much!

MZ said...

Oooohhhh I love that Lily. What a babe she is at every step of her life.