Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Les & Megan show

My sister and her friend have started a yearly tradition of visiting the Harris Hotel in September (I wish it were a semi-annual trip, though). Here are a few highlights (though keep in mind I only photographed a portion on the highlights).

The first night we went to see A Night at the Moulin Rouge at The Hollywood Bowl. It was a fun evening. The first half was just orchestral, which was a little tough for me to sit through because I'm just not well versed in that genre of music. The second act was really entertaining, though, because they had this sexy, sultry French jazz singer for a while, then out came the can-can girls. They were HIGHLY entertaining. Wow. At the end they shot off fireworks from the dome of the Bowl. It was incredible. 


We always have to get sushi and tom kha gai at a local restaurant. 

Look at Leslie's pretty green tea.

We spent hours at The Grove after lunch. Like ridiculous amounts of hours. Most of them in the Nordstrom shoe department. Literally. Eventually we pried ourselves away (10 pm) and I took them to one of my favorite eateries, Botegga Louie. We got there at 10:30 and there was a 45 minute wait. We got our food at almost midnight. That was 1 am to these Idahoans. 

Food was delish though. And the atmosphere and company divine. 
Drat. Blurry pecans. Roberta...heelllpppp!!!


Ummmmm. The next day we spent another hour or two at a different Nordstrom shoe department.  Are these boots hot or what? Les and I spent a long time talking Megan into getting them for her birthday.

Eventually I tried them on. Then I spent half the day debating whether I needed the boots. In the end I decided that the boots needed me.

Pinkberry. I chose to show this pic to remind Megan how great that eyeshadow looks on her (Colorescience Grapes of Wrath).




My kids entertained themselves on the statues outside. 

Ignore the sign behind her head asking people not to climb on the statues.

Look at those hottie bombalotties in there.

Until we meet again my ladies, enjoy this video of your stay here. Les has got some serious dance moves and Megan....she's a hog.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

LOL'ed (again) at the stupid video of us at The Boat. Thanks for that. Also, thanks for making people think that you posted the pic of us at Pink Berry to show off Megan's eyeshadow.....and not to display my ridiculous over-consumption of yogurt as compared to all you wimps. I still coulda eaten a size bigger.

Those freakin' boots are the sexiest damn things I have ever seen and both of you beeotches have them and I don't. BOOOO!

The Harris Hotel has been real good to us. I mean, REEEAAAAL good. You are the bomb.com and don't you ever forget it. :)

The Clark said...

whatdya think about that semi-annual idear?

Leslie said...

best idear i ever heard.....

barbchuck said...

This might just be heaven . . . shopping and eating with people you love. It is good to see you, Leslie. It's been much too long!