We joined some friends this year for TG in Oceanside. We left our beach home (3/4 mile from the beach) for a REAL beach home...across the street from the beach. It was heavenly.
We didn't want to haul all the food there and spend the day cooking so we had it catered. Genius! I did, however, still whip up mashed potatoes and cranberry raspberry salad. My kids couldn't call it Thanksgiving without these side dishes.
This is the view out our front window. We watched the sun come up/go down over the ocean every day. So lovely.
The wonderful and adorable David and Tiffany (with a spectacular sunset behind them).
Todd and Carlos sharing a boisterous moment.
Enjoying some camaraderie on the rooftop balcony. Of course we can't get a good shot of all of us. Lily would never allow that....
A typical scene. Enjoying the ocean and some great music.
One night we built a campfire on the beach near our place. We had the fixings for s'mores, but didn't have sticks for roasting marshmallows, so we assembled them at home before we left (had to stick them in micro for a few seconds to get the marshmallows smooshy), wrapped the whole pile in foil, stuck it in a pot and threw the pot in the fire. Totally brilliant.
Lili and Lily.
The ladies.
The gentlemen.
I was experimenting with a function on my camera that works well at night, but it requires perfect stillness. As you can see, the pics didn't turn out perfectly, but I think they're charming like this.
Incidentally, I was in love with the pier behind us. I drove to Oceanside with Pat, Jen, Trevor, Amber (relatives) & Gma Jane once when I was about 14. We stayed with the Allen's (more relatives). After our arrival, Grandma took Susan and I to walk on the pier at night. It was magical to walk down it again and revel in the memories.
No flash (firelight in front of us).
Flash.
What's your preference?


1 comment:
What a fun Thanksgiving that must have been! The beach and good friends all in one wonderful package. Hard to beat. I'm so glad that you and Tod found each other.
Post a Comment