Monday, December 26, 2011

Would It Be Alright By You If I Degreenify You?

Tod has never seen Wicked. We (mostly A&L) are always talking about it and he was curious. It swung through town so we swung in to see it, but planned it strategically so that we could go as soon as all the kids were gone to their other parents for Christmas.

During intermission I looked at my FB and Lily left a really long, obnoxious message on my wall so I responded with a picture of this to get back at her. They didn't know we were going before this picture showed up on Lily's wall.

The show was great. It was my third viewing. I saw it on Broadway once and at The Pantages Theater twice. Man that is a rad theater. Tod and I stood around gawking after the show until they kicked us out.

Enjoy our photographic studies of the place.











Can I get a holla for my Tod? Every other time I've been to Pantages I've had to explain to my companions what art deco is. I know I always say this, but it's sooooo great being married to someone who appreciates and understands art too. We totally geek out on it all the time.

And he's darn cute to boot. 

After the show we wandered around Hollywood a little and stumbled into a museum for the Church of Scientology. Tod is a huge science fiction fan and really loves Battleship Earth by L. Ron Hubbard. As such he respects L. Ron. We ended up having a long discussion with the lady at the desk. She was very sweet and kind. I left with a different view of scientology. I really don't know much about it, besides the Tom-Cruise-jumping-on-Oprah's-couch madness. We all agreed that we belong to a faith that is sorely misrepresented and misunderstood. She also invited us to attend a very cool science fiction convention for writers and artists. Coolio. After we left Tod said "what she didn't tell you is that their god is an alien named Xenu." I responded by telling him that they may just be right....


2 comments:

MZ said...

We have good friends that spent a bit of time on the ship with L. Ron Hubbard. They do not have much to say other than it was a bad time in their life. Left the ship looking for truth and became LDS.

barbchuck said...

How lucky you are that you and Tod found each other! I love the way your world is expanding. The Pantages must be awesome. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. I agree with your comment about Xenu!