Saturday, December 11, 2010

Eat, Drink and Be Mary

This post, incidentally, is not about my mother.

It's about my daughter.

We went to our ward Christmas party last night and Lily disappeared when they called the children up to participate in the program. When I looked up on the stage and saw her (see her, kneeling on the 2nd row)....


...I was reminded of the time when she was just itty bitty and we had a Christmas program at Grandma & Grandpa Z's house. Ana and her cousin, Grant, were supposed to be Joseph and Mary. Lily protested, hoping she could be Mary. We thought she would happily agree to be an angel, since 2 year olds should be ecstatic to be an angel, but she refused. She threw a fit. She wanted to be Mary and nothing we could do would convince her otherwise. I couldn't pull Ana from her lead roll without causing more upheaval.

So we had two Marys.


I was probably frustrated at the time that Lily was disrupting the plans we had made. It's a very happy and heart warming memory for me now, though.

Don't you just want to eat her?
 I had to dig through old boxes all morning to find these old photos. I ran into many other cute pics and thought I'd include a few from some other Christmases.
 
All the Grandkids circa 2002(?) with Josh

A & L in a stroller in Frankfurt, Germany 2000. (This was technically a few days after Christmas) Eww! I can't handle the cuteness.
Chubby little bunny
Ana's first Christmas
Feather boa and pink high heels. Every four-year old girl's dream gift.

2 comments:

MZ said...

Such cute pictures. Lily is such a sweety pie. Look at her cute chubby baby pictures.

Leslie said...

Oh, that warmed my heart. What a sweet story about "Mary", then and now. I totally laughed out loud when i saw the pic of those two teensy Mary's sharing the spotlight. I had a grin from ear to ear over all the photos you dug up. I like it...do it some more! :)