The ladies I dance with recommended I try out the cafeteria at the local Hare Krishna temple. They said it's delicious, healthy vegan food, ayce-buffet* style. (I just made up an acronym...AYCE = all you can eat. I'm a super hipster.) Saturday night Tod & I were kidless so we decided to hit the town. I told him I was interested in trying the Hare Krishna center. He looked at me with stars in his eyes and expressed likewise enthusiasm for trying something unique...both gastronomically and culturally. I was glad my partner in crime was up to an adventure and not insistent on finding the nearest steak house...yawn.
It was a blast. We ate some interesting and delicious food.
We were also schooled in Hare Krishnaism, which was good because I've never been clear on what it is. Turns out it's part of the Hindu faith and is a chant or mantra that helps bring one closer to their supreme being. It also brings happiness to the chanter. Tod memorized the chant. Swears it's doing wonders for him. ;) Since Hindus believe in reincarnation and are on a quest for enlightenment and perfection of their soul, this chant is important to them.

After dinner, we went upstairs to the Hare Krishna gift shop. So many beautiful things to look at. I've oft felt slighted that I can't wear beautiful Indian silks. I mean I know I could, but not without looking like a fool/poser. I guess I'll admire it on others until one of these lives I'm reincarnated as an Indian... :)
We purchased a few items. They had some frankincense and myrrh in their incense section and we got some to use in our Christmas program this year. The ladies behind the counter were very nice and very good little missionaries. They told us all about Hare Krishna and their teachings and they gave us a free blue book. :) We accepted it graciously and are thinking of wrapping it up to put under the Christmas tree for whichever kid is the naughtiest.
Dang, isn't he hot?! So in love with that boy!! And I gotta tell you...he's perfect for me. We were cut from similar cloth and are having a ball on our journey together. And bee tee dub, the book won't actually be someone's lump of coal. We'll put it on our book shelf and smile each time we remember our fun night together. We might flip through it also, from time to time, to glean the goodness it contains.
1 comment:
yes, he's hot. and i love that you are in love. :) nothing makes me happier...
what a unique way to spend an evening out. you two ARE perfect for each other.
Post a Comment