Monday, January 24, 2011
Her cup (of talent) runneth over
Friday was a big day for Ana. It was the opening night of the play she's been rehearsing for a few months...Hansel and Gretel in a local community production. More pictures and videos in a later post.
In addition she was asked by her band teacher to join the intermediate band (she's in beginning band) in a performance at Disneyland. He is astounded at her talent, which is fascinating to me since all I hear is a dying goose when she plays (I hope she doesn't read this), but I certainly don't know what to listen for like he does. She's very excited to skip a day of school and go to DL and show off her tremendous horn playing abilities.
She was also invited to Astrocamp because she excels in her science classes. It's a weekend long science camp dedicated to aeronautics, physics, electronics, ecology, and the outdoors...all of which Ana ADORES. She's very interested in astronomy and has found a geeky buddy in Tod. He loves to share his enthusiasm for all things universeish with her because she doesn't glaze over and fall asleep like I do. (This is no joke...sometimes he will help me fall asleep by telling me about astronomy stuff while playing with my hair. Puts me out like a light. ANYWAY, this is about Ana, not my romantic husband.) She's super stoked about Astrocamp.
Lastly, she made a truck load of money on Friday selling hair accessories. Her school participates in a science camp (a different one than the one mentioned above) where the students get to miss a week of school to go learn about science at an outdoor science camp near the beach and mountains. It's a really wonderful opportunity, but it was a bit pricey, so I told Ana she had to help earn some of the money for it. So she's been crafting these cute flower hair clips and selling them at school. They're wildly popular and even the teachers are buying them from her. We thought we were doing pretty well and were getting close to the amount she needs for camp and then they dropped that Astrocamp on us which is the same price all over again. She's going to have to make -and sell- a lot more flowers.....
She's wearing one in the photo at the top of this post if you want to see them in action. Email me if you want some. She takes custom orders. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Oh I wish I was at Disneyland to hear her play.
I AM super impressed little lady! Miss you guys! Looks like you're LOVING California!
Oh my word. I had no idea Ana has been up to so much. What a brilliant child, I am so proud of her! So many great accomplishments, she should be very proud. I need to hear more about the play, hope it went well! And I would LOVE to buy some clips from her. Where do I sign????
Post a Comment