Monday, January 3, 2011

Kreeesmus

We kicked off the season with some caroling with mi amigas from dance class.



 The Harris children were with us for a few days. When they come I have to disregard my freakish compulsion to feed my family healthy food. It's Fruit Loop city when they are here. 


Tod is the 5th kid when his children are here. They play long & hard non stop.
We had record breaking rain all week. When there was finally a break in it we ran to the beach.
Tod chasing his kids way out yonder. Ew. Did I just say yonder?
Cookies for Santa
Melted snowman cookies were a hit
Christmas Eve dinner at The Melting Pot. Mmmmm. We all look slightly uncomfortable because the lady took forever to snap the pic. Also, curse that ugly flash lighting!

And finally, the big day....
New jammies
Just what he's been dreaming of. Hours and hours of footage of billions and billions of stars. He claims he's an artist, but he's such an astrophysicist at heart. He watches these non stop.
7 DVDs about the universe. Todd Heaven. He's the cutest nerd I know.
She asked for 2 bags of Flamin Hot Cheetos. She got 4.
The prize. My Frida earrings. (And a darn cute hat). If you don't already understand why I love these earrings so much, there just isn't any way to explain it...


Tak games

And that which I wanted most....the video games Todd created last decade. It was a 3 game series called Tak and the Power of Juju. I discovered you can play the games on the Wii (they were made for GameCube) with a few tweaks. I rounded up 2 copies of each game. We're gonna need these around for posterity. We'll show them to our grand kids someday. Of course the grand kids will laugh at the horrendous and outdated concepts of game playing of the early 21st century, but I'll still be proud as a peacock.

It was a wonderful holiday. Full of love, magic, family, feasting and lots and lots of merriment (and only a few fights with the girls cooped up in the house for long periods of time without school. Scratch that. More than a few. Many. It was still wonderful, though.)

No comments: