The little ladies of the house participated in a music and dance workshop over the weekend. A group called The Young Americans (queue David Bowie song here...it was stuck in my head the whole weekend) comes to our little town every year and puts on this incredible workshop. This was the first we had ever heard of it, but the girls quickly became enthusiastic about it and wanted to join. It was marvelous. We all loved it.
We also housed two of the Young Americans instructors. It was fun to have them in our home and learn more about the organization and their lives. They were lovely girls...passionate about what they do, talented, sweet, interesting, lovely. It was great to have them.
There was some very intense Mario Kart action going on.
 |
| Ana, Caitie, Kasey |
On Sunday night our house got a little nutty. I had prepared dinner for our guests and then some friends showed up that Todd had forgotten to tell me about. Then the missionaries dropped by. It turned out to be very fun, but also slightly chaotic (kinda how I love things). It evolved into a talent show of sorts. We had people singing, playing guitar, playing piano, etc. Then the missionaries taught our guests a little about what we believe and the girls shared their "mission" with the missionaries (their dedication and belief in the importance of music and the arts in our lives). After a while, the missionaries had to leave, since, as Elder Buzelli puts it...."we turn into pumpkins at 9:00." I believe it was an enriching, edifying experience for all.
 |
| Elder Keith & Elder Buzelli, Deanna, Ana & Alice |
 |
| Lily...queen of dorky faces |
 |
| Playing our favorite pencil game with the missionaries. |
|
|
Soon I'll blog about the performance, but for now I just wanted to record our experience with our cute YA girls.
2 comments:
Looks like a good time for all. Everyone got to do what they most wanted to do. Is that the trick Lily learned on the ship?
Oh...now I get what home stay guests are. :)
Post a Comment