I've intended to visit Chuck and Barb (my grandpa and his wifey) for years...at least since they moved to their new home (which it turns out was 13 years ago). : / When my Grandma Polly died a few months ago I decided it was time. Once they're gone the opportunity is irretrievable. I was also going off the advice Grandpa Chuck once gave me when I expressed envy over his world travels. He told me I better get traveling then because there's nothing worse than living with regret. So when spring break arrived we packed up the car and drove north to their house. It ruled. Days 1 and 2:
When we arrived we took their new puppy, Cognac, for a walk around the lake. They live in such a beautiful area of the world.
| And we got a little silly |
Grandpa fed us dinner on their back porch. It's soooo lovely back there.
| The handsome and well coiffured Grandpa Chuck. |
| Ana and her mama |
| Chicken and potato salad. I'm not a tater salad fan, except for my mom's and now Grandpa's. Mmmm. |
| Ana and Lily showing off their dance moves for a captive audience. |
After our mining adventure the girls rock climbed. They are exceptional climbers, btw.
Then Todd got harnessed in and was literally up the face in about 20 seconds. Have I ever mentioned I have a huge crush on this boy?
And a huge chunk of gold
When we got back to the house we walked down to the river, which supposedly houses gold. Gold is going for $1,450/oz so I told the girls we couldn't leave until we'd found at least one ounce. Lily asked me if she found one ounce if I'd buy her 4 bags of Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Sure thing Lily.
Lily disappeared for a while and came back down to the river dressed like this. Keep in mind it was about 55 and the water is probably 6 degrees or something ridiculous.
Todd found this rock for my mom. She collects heart shaped rocks.
Then Todd got harnessed in and was literally up the face in about 20 seconds. Have I ever mentioned I have a huge crush on this boy?
Barb took us to see a vinyard that had some incredible flowers.
And a huge chunk of gold
When we got back to the house we walked down to the river, which supposedly houses gold. Gold is going for $1,450/oz so I told the girls we couldn't leave until we'd found at least one ounce. Lily asked me if she found one ounce if I'd buy her 4 bags of Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Sure thing Lily.
Lily disappeared for a while and came back down to the river dressed like this. Keep in mind it was about 55 and the water is probably 6 degrees or something ridiculous.
Todd found this rock for my mom. She collects heart shaped rocks.







4 comments:
Wonderful pictures and even more wonderful memories. We treasure every memory we have of your visit.I like the picture of inside the cavern. I wish we would have included a few in our blog. When do we get to see the San Francisco pictures?
Ha, Ha-what is it with kids and flamin' hot cheetos? My kids love those things. They'll do anything for hot cheetos.
Awesome trip you guys took!
1. I LOVE Ana's shirt.
2. I LOVE even more that Lil got her swimsuit on to pan for gold.
3. I had to re-read your statement about the bodies in the cavern a couple times. MORBID is right!
4. I will agree that a visit to Chuck and Barb's is just near as perfect as you can get on vacation. They are so special and wonderful. So glad you got to experience their mystical world.
I want my rock!
Post a Comment