We left our best friends behind when we left Utah. It was pure tragedy. Not long after, though, they moved to Montreal. They came to stay with us for a few days during the summer.
We sat on the porch for a verrrrry long 30 minutes or so waiting for them to pull up. When they did it was mayhem and raucous. Reunions are the best!
Pure joy right there.
I had an arsenal of activities at the ready for their visit. It turned out, though, that all anyone really wanted to do was be together and we didn't do anything to fancy. Mostly hung around the house, but did go to the beach a couple times and had one big outing to the Science Center.
Pure joy.
Desert counter at our nearby Whole Foods
One night the adults ditched the kids at home with pizza and a movie and we went out for dinner and desert. Laura (and her husband, who didn't happen to be on this trip) are fun to share culinary experiences with. They're so gastronomical!
The whole brood at Manhattan Beach
Pure joy!
We hadn't originally planned this, but while they were at our house, we decided to ride with them up to Utah. That was seriously the quickest 12 hour ride of our lives! It flew by because the kids were all so entertained by each other. Laura and I gabbed and gabbed. When we hit Vegas I was shocked because the drive was flying by. We could talk forever about our shared interests - nutrition, food, health care, education, etc. She's so great. I realized on this trip - more than ever - how much I enjoy her. She's so great. Wait I already said that.
While in Utah, we gathered up some friends and had a pool party at Little America. That place is so magical, even in my adult years I love to be at this pool.
We had to part ways with them in Utah. Saddest day.
Now we spend our days plotting how to get up to Montreal to see them again...





No comments:
Post a Comment