Thursday, December 2, 2010

How we gave thanks in 2010

We invited anyone who could come to join us for Thanksgiving. My Mom & Jeff took the bait.  There was a massive blizzard going on in Idaho/Utah, so I was grateful to be here in the sunshine, but it did delay the arrival of our guests. They arrived in the evening, rather than the morning on Wednesday.

The first thing we did was stop at In-N-Out for dinner. My mom's mouth is currently out of order due to dental work she's having done, so she couldn't have a burger. OH WAIT. She hasn't had one since she was 5. She had what she would have had anyway...fries and a shake. Jeff, however, was like a hog in fresh poop over his meal.


On Thursday we opted to feast at Disneyland. No cooking, no clean up and it was pretty delicious. We had a great time.





The kids buffet was full of NON Thanksgiving items, such as this PB&J panini (it was totally delicious, btw)

After dinner we strolled through Downtown Disney, then saw Tangled. I was expecting a stinker with this movie, as I'm usually disappointed with recent Disney films, but we all LOVED this. It was great. 
Hot parents in their 3D shades.

Saturday we made our obligatory stop at Happy Nails. It's Jeff's favorite thing in Los Angeles.


Afterward we did a little browsing and had what I like to call Garlic Knot Rolls of Love and Death from C&O.


Seriously. You haven't lived until you've had these. They're outrageous (thus rolls of love) and probably the worst, most UN-figure flattering food on earth (thus rolls of death). Pleasure seekers everywhere....C&O or bust!

After making sufficient pigs of ourselves, we strolled the beach & had some frozen yums at our favorite little ice cream shop before dropping the parents off at the aeropuerto.


It was a wonderful holiday. Bring on another one! (I think I have like 3 weeks until Christmas...what the?!?!?! I better get cracking.)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You and Tod just look so darn handsome together. You're a match made in heaven.
I am in shock that somewhere in this (frozen) world we live in, there are little 10-year-olds wearing tank tops and flip flops on Thanksgiving.
I am utterly jealous that you all had such a fun holiday without me. Love and miss you all.