We had an early morning flight to get back home. And life as usual had to resume for our Canadian friends. The kids all returned to school and the adults went to work. We said our sad goodbyes and took a taxi to the airport. Goodbye Quebec! Goodbye French et la vie Francophone! We loved you!!!

Detroit airport.
Pooped travelers.
Lily cracks me up in this because she isn't leaning against the seat and she kept bobbing around. When she was little she would sometimes sit up in bed and sleep, only the weight of her head would pull her back and forth and she would wake up every few seconds to rebalance herself due the inevitable gravitational pull. I'd have to physically lay her down or wake her up enough to tell her to lay down. Funny girl.It was sooooo great to get home and see Tod again. It was a LONG two weeks without him. He was supposed to come meet us out on the east coast and last minute had to cancel. Had I known we'd be away so long, I don't know that I would have scheduled the trip to be so long. We're so glad we took it, though! It was a blast!
In fact, I loved it so much, I rescheduled the same trip for this fall. Only I'm leaving the girls at home and taking Tod this time! Can't wait for that train ride in October when the leaves become photosynthesis starved and morph into massively epic color and glory!



No comments:
Post a Comment