Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Death and All of Her Friends

(The post title is the name of a song. I'm not poetic -or morbid- enough to bust that out on my own).

In February I got news that my friend, James Roundy, had passed away. I hadn't seen James in years, but we had remained buddies on social media and I have always really liked him. I pulled out old scrapbooks and found pictures of him.

1996ish. Near my apartment on 1st South in SLC.

James and Kade Kraus on one of our youthful outdoor adventures.

I flew up to Utah for the funeral and got to enjoy the bonus of the company of Natalie and her family. 

This is Bella. Bella is cute.
 


Leslie also jammed into town from Boise for the funeral. We like to take pictures of us smooching in front of brightly colored walls.

As is usually the case at a funeral, it's a tough event, but a great opportunity to see lots of people you really love and rarely see.

This is Les and I with our old friend, Josh Schroeder. I think someone had just mentioned his nickname, which explains my weird expression in this. And I am sorry, I can't repeat his name on here.

Me, Cortney,  Josh & Jason.

The above people plus Les, Lucky, Molly Bice, Amy Hackworth, Melissa Samuelson

More Natness.


 Friendship. Swirled.

Rest in peace, Jimmy Jam!! I'll always smile at the thought of you. You were a gem.



No comments: