I've had some frequent flyer miles burning a hole in my pocket for years and I finally decided it was time to use them, so I planned a trip to the east coast with the girls. As usual, Tod had to work, so he stayed home. Well, actually he had plans to come out for 4 days, but at the last minute he had to cancel. I was super bummed about this.
For some dumb reason I booked us out on a red eye. We left at 1 am, had a 4 hour flight, a one hour layover, and another 2 hour flight to DC. This ended up being brutal on the sleep we got that night.
We stayed with my cousin, Trevor, and his wife and new baby on the DC leg of our trip. Trevor had just finished the last exam for his 2nd year of law school that morning. They took us to Arlington Cemetery first.
Ana watching the ritualistic, and somewhat odd Changing of The Guard at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
There is an Ethiopian restaurant near Trevor's house in Arlington that blew my mind. It was so, so good. Definitely the best I've ever had, though admittedly I've had very little.
I'm not sure the girls were as thrilled about it as I was...

No comments:
Post a Comment