Tuesday, July 9, 2013

TOAST!!!

Lily asked me if she could have a few friends over for a Valentine's Day party. It turned into a huge sleepover. Little cuss. 




While they were downstairs, the older girls were upstairs being....older.

Dinner and lots of junk food


And the older girls remained.......cooler....


I love that Lily requested a toast bar at the party. I should have included a bunch more options for the girls...various kinds of bread, jams, jellies, honey, Nutella, peanut butter, etc but this is a decent start.
I have a big fondness for toast and the idea of a toast bar. A friend in my youth had an idea to start a mobile toast bar, which was really just a cool way to travel and earn enough to keep going, so the toast bar symbolizes youthful independence and wanderlust to me. Also, our family has long used the phrase, "I love you the most, I love you on toast." 

Girls downstairs karaokeing and paryting.

Girls upstairs being the girls upstairs.

No comments: