Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Own Private Idaho

Part two of our trip found us bounding across the state with Grandma & Grandpa Z en route to Rexburg.

This is what Idaho looks like in February at 80 miles an hour.

This is what Lily looks like in a car driving to Idaho in February at 80 mph.


I inherited these quilt blocks from my grandma when she died. Her mother (my great grandmother) had pieced them together probably in the 50s or 60s, but never made anything out of them. Les and I both got enough squares to make a quilt. I played around with them, but didn't actually make the blanket on this trip. I will one of these days when I'm back up there. I looooooove everything about them. They make me so happy. And I'm not one of those quilt people.

Les & Mitch just happened to be stopping by Rexburg for the night on their way to Targhee. We partied.
Grandma and some of her girls.

 We played a lot of scum.


Les & Ella

Dinner at Sammy's. I think Sammy is Justin Lyon's brother. You know, in case you - the reader - knows Justin.

Andy was also in town for work. Group shot at RMC.

 ANDDDDD.... this. I found various relics in my old bedroom. Long live Jaxon Landon.

Randomest. I found a mold of my teeth before I had braces. Long live orthodontia! 

No comments: